Monday, April 14, 2008

The Voices In My Head

Things I’ve thought so far today:

*Green Day music is made for California freeway driving. Seriously. This morning “Welcome to Paradise” came on the radio. The window was down, my sunglasses were on, and I was cruising the 101 feeling like I was in an MTV video.

*I no longer know anyone’s phone number. I rely on my cell phone to be the keeper of this information. Case in point: I call or text my sister at least once every week – and that’s during the times when we’re too busy to talk – but I couldn’t tell you her number if there was a gun to my head. I often think that if I was arrested in Mexico and lost my cell phone in some tequila drunken haze, the only two people I could call would be my parents (who don’t answer their phone after 9PM EST) and my grandfather (who has been dead for over a decade).



*This morning, a fire alarm went off in the building and we were forced to evacuate. So we went to breakfast. Robert Townsend was in the booth next to us. What happened to his career? And wasn’t he just pitched to us for something? Coincidence?

*Some construction worker in New York mixed a Red Sox jersey into a cement block that was supposed to be used in the new Yankee Stadium foundation. He said that he was a die-hard Red Sox fan and wanted to curse the Yankees. They decided to dig the cinderblock up and unearthed the shirt. First, it pleases me that there are people out there that still care this much about baseball. Second, they should have left it. What a great legend it would have been.


*I cannot wear white shirts. I put on a white tee shirt this morning and by 10AM there was a coffee stain on it. I also want to know the secret to keeping yellow pit stains from occurring. Is it my anti-perspirant? Is it some chemical my body manufactures by it’s self? I really want to know the answer to this.


*Because of said coffee stain, I decided to go to GAP at lunch and get another tee-shirt. I bought this cute, V-neck pocket tee. I decided to buy it in a burnt orange color (sienna?), because What Not to Wear says that blondes look good in orange. I put it on once I got back to the office, now I look like a big pumpkin since I’m wearing drab olive green pants and brown sandals. I don’t know what’s worse, the coffee stain or this?



*While at GAP, I also bought a cute navy skirt on sale for $12.99. The woman at the counter and I got into a discussion about GAP discounts. She said that GAP is starting a new business approach. They will no longer be over buying, and therefore, the consumers will see less of the deep discounts that we’ve come to expect from the franchise. DD says that that’s stupid considering that the quality of GAP clothing is only worth $6.99 and anyone willing to pay full price is an idiot. I will not be telling her that my tee shirt wasn’t on sale.

*Because of cute navy skirt and due to the fact that a pair of my flats busted a strap, I went to DSW. How come when I’m looking for heels I find only flats and when I’m looking for flats, I only find heels? I knew I should have bought those pink ballet flats back in February! When am I going to rich enough to buy shoes I like when I see them and not when they go on sale, or when I desperately need them and therefore willing to pay the $50 price tag?


*I just went to Blockbuster and exchange my Blockbuster.com movies for three rentals. First, I owed a $1.25 re-stocking fee because I returned a 2-Day rental after the ten-day grace period. Bummer. Second, I returned Reds and Birth of a Nation. If the government is monitoring my viewing habits and reading my blog, I just want to say that they were on the AFI Top 100 movies and I hated both of them. I’m not a communist or a Clansman. Last, my favorite thing about having Blockbuster.com is that if you rent a movie that’s in your queue, they’ll send you an email asking you if you want to delete it from your list. It’s worth the $20 a month.



*After GAP, DSW, and Blockbuster, I went to Trader Joe’s to grab a salad. All while wearing my white coffee-stained tee shirt. I really have to start caring about my appearance more…

*I look like a cow on stilts in high heels.

I could keep going, but these were the highlights.

No comments: