Friday, August 8, 2008

Mind Shedding

  • John Edwards is a jerk. I don't believe him that it's not his baby. Have politicians learned nothing from Bill Clinton? Honestly.


  • I met a friend of my roommate's last night. After dinner, he and his boyfriend suggested that we all go to a gay club that they wanted to check out. Since I've done the gay bar scene before, I didn't think much of it. This gay club however had go-go dancers. It was also Middle Eastern night. I have encountered nothing more surreal than being in a bar where men who look alarming like Abercrombie & Fitch models gyrate on platforms in tighty whiteys and biker boots to Isreali disco music. It was like a weird dream.


  • My cell phone is dying but I refuse to buy a new battery as, according to my online account, I'm due for an upgrade next month. I know this is true as Verizon keeps phoning me. However, according to my online account, my contract isn't up until January. I vaguely recall re-upping my contract early once. But how is it that my phone is due for an upgrade but my contract is three months behind? Hmm.... I don't care anyway because all I really care about is the phone. I want a Blackberry. I was thinking about the Pearl, but my sister has the Curve. I may have to play with her phone when I'm in South Carolina next week.

  • Things to pack for South Carolina next week: iPod. iPod cord and jack. Digital camera. Rechareable batteries for the digital camera. Rechargeable battery jack. Cell phone cord. Sunglasses. Sunvisor. Book. And some other not-as-important stuff like underwear and shoes and stuff.

  • I wanted to see what the Americans wore in the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics, but there seems to have been a media blackout. You see NBC spent a few million and as they want everyone to tune in, so you're not allowed to know how the torch was lit (a man suspended from a cable who "ran up" the side of the cauldron) or what the U.S. team wore (white slacks, a navy blazer, and a white driver's cap). Media blackout? Not in the age of the internet, baby. Where there is a will, there is Google.

  • I need to go to Staples to pick out a new office chair. I work for a company that believes that I should have what I want. Isn't that weird?

No comments: