Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Think...

  • ... NBC needs to never employ Cris Collingsworth again. He was the Living Smiley Face throughout the Olympics that found a way to insert himself into each storyline he covered ("Debbie Phelps squeezed my knee throughout the race!" "LeBron James told me that he might cry at the gold medal ceremony!" and actually said to Bob Costas "if there's one word that comes out of the Olympics for me, it's hope. For two weeks, people from all over the world gather and they get along in a way that is just chilling, almost, in many ways. And you say, if it can happen for two weeks, why not three? Why not a month, why not longer?" This guy used to play football? Gag...
  • ... Kara DioGuardi is being brought onto American Idol to slowly replace Paula Abdul. And Paula should be concerned.
  • ... Kath & Kim looks stupid. This is an Australian transplant. The Aussies tend to have that same dry sense of humor that the Brits have. Somehow they're able to make annoying people charming and funny. Americans can't. They're just annoying. I don't know why.
  • ... that even though Hillary Clinton was just towing the DNC line last night, she did a bang up job in making me believe that she really does want party unity. At least until the next election cycle.
  • ... about the Olympic torch. Whatever happened to it? Did they put it out? Did they hand it back to the IOC guy? I was so overwhlemed by Jackie Chan singing and all the flying people that I had to turn it off before the end. Was there an end?
  • ... I'm a little in love with Nathan Sawaya. I realize this is wrong, but I'm kinda intrigued by a guy who channeled his Peter Pan Complex into a marketable ability.

1 comment:

Amy Helmes said...

Chris Collinsworth is cute. I just want to invite him over for dinner. He lights up my world. I was getting bored with the Olympics and was ready for them to be over, but then I turned on the DNC and screamed, "What I wouldn't give for a little more Bob Costas right about now."