Monday, November 22, 2010

The People I Will See

You know I'm getting lazy when I post these kinds of blogs...

So, we had another screening at the Fox lot the other night, and I usually find that the movies I don't like have better turn outs than the movies I do like. Our newest Movie of the Week (MOW) stars John Corbett, Sarah, Paulson, Karen Allen, and Sam Elliott. And three out of the four showed up to the screening with Sam bringing his wife Katharine Harris of The Graduate fame.

Sometimes these events are surreal. The actors stay in the corner getting their picture taken while the faithful approach for a benediction...or something. I'm never quite sure. Nine times out of ten, the actor is also dressed 100% better than everyone else in the room. "Oh, there's X." Hair done. Make-up done. It's very lookie-loo. As for the actor, s/he looks terrified or completely remote. "Please, don't come over here." But this time, they roamed around, talked to people, and pretty much acted like everyone else. Which was kinda cool. Karen Allen kept getting lost in the crowd. Seriously, unless you knew she was an an actor in the film, she just looked like a really pretty and put together woman of a certain age. As for John and Sam, well, feel free to chat 'em up! John was especially genial. Too bad I had to leave early or else I would have probably been doing shots at the bar with him.


Hmm, on second thought, maybe it's best that I did leave early. Especially since I SAW HUGH LAURIE! Oh, I'm sorry, was I screaming like a little girl? As I walked up the stairs to parking level two, I looked down and right into the face of House himself. I tried to find a reason to slow my gait and get a better look at him, but all I had in my hands were my car keys and it was really cold outside. Oh well.

I think the next screening is on the Fox lot again come January. I'm totally losing 50lbs and bringing a clutch that I can spill at a moments notice carrying a change purse that doesn't snap quite right and business cards. Lots and lots of business cards! Hugh Laurie is British, those people are oh-so-proper. He would total stop and help me pick it up, right? Hey, a girl has got to have a plan...

No comments: