Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lovely Things

So many lovely things have happened recently, and I simply must share them...

1) About two weeks ago, I went down to the mailbox to get the mail and under the mat was a FedEx envelope addressed to me. Inside the FedEx envelope were American Express gift certificates totaling $250. There was no note inside, so I researched the sender: Millward Brown, a marketing company with offices both in L.A. and NYC. At first, I was terrified that I unknowingly signed up for a new credit card with a 50% APR, but come to find out, I filled out a survey for Hollywood Reporter and won a sweepstakes! I never win anything, so -- YAY! I bought a customized frame for that Emily Dickinson house poster I bought around my birthday.
(a) I went to Aaron Brothers to frame the art and then noticed that Michael's Craft across the parking lot was having a 60% sale of customized framing. I saved $300! Woo-Hoo!
(b) The frame is ready one week early! I'm trying not to leave work right now...

2) I finally, finally heard from Disney in regards to a resume I submitted. It's only taken ten years and numerous submissions for multiple jobs. But! I had a very good phone interview, and John said that he was going to put my name forward as a candidate, but if this particular opening didn't happen for me, he'd like to keep my resume on file as he's the recruiter for three different Disney divisions. (Yes, please!) Fingers crossed, though, that the Vice President of the Disney Channel wants to meet with me to discuss "my qualifications further" as this job is perfect -- seriously-- for me, my abilities, and what I'd like to be when I grow up. Share The Secret and The Power with me, won't you? Good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts.

3) My boss decided that instead of updating the office laptops, we would all get iPads. I have an iPad. I don't known how to use it, but I have very high hopes for myself that my learning curve isn't too steep.

4) One of my brothers was visiting this past weekend with his lovely girlfriend. Due to circumstances beyond our control, my brothers did not have an especially close relationship with my sister and me. But I'm grateful we've been trying to rectify that situation now that we're adults.

5) My boss gave me another good piece of news, but I'm not allowed to talk about it. But I'm pleasantly pleased.

I don't ask for much out of my life. Even though I tend to be wary and pessimistic, I can usually embrace the happiness. These are moments people live for. No matter how menial, they should be celebrated. Lovely things are hard to come by. I'm going to enjoy them while they're here.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISNEY!!!!!!!!

I AM THRILLED- THRILLED- FOR YOU!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!