Monday, June 28, 2010

Big Game

There's a little game that happens in L.A. that one can't help to become a part of. Basically, it's "Spot the Star." You'll be out somewhere, and *bam* suddenly you're face-to-face with Geena Davis. Or you're stuck at a stop light on Hollywood Boulevard and you're smack-dab in the middle of a film premiere, and Jessica Simpson is walking in front of your car. Last week, when I went to the Grease Sing-A-Long at the Arclight in Hollywood, I walked right past Seth Meyers.


I call these gets. Kinda like a safari. But an even bigger Get was this past Saturday at the Orpheum where I went to a screening of the newly restored The Leopard (1963) and sat a few rows back from Helen Mirren. That's Dame Helen Mirren to you and me. Big game, indeed....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I went to college with Seth. Do I win?