Thursday, December 17, 2009

Twitterings

Things I would Twitter if I were tweeting:

*I love screener season! I have a hook-up who has a hook-up and I'm getting hooked-up! This weekend, "It's Complicated" and "The Lovely Bones." Love. It.

*I just ate two (Okay, three) Italian cookies from an authentic Italian bakery in Rhode Island overnighted to us from an Italian-American short story writer who miraculously got his unpublished short story optioned by us. (Okay, it was four.)

*I seem to be a match to every frakking guy on the eHarmony web site which I find funny considering I have such a hard time dating in the real world. I'm compatible to all, attractive to none. Yeah, I don't feel too badly about that...

*My cousin in Colorado and the one in Japan flew in to Connecticut today for the holiday. (I fly in next Wednesday.) And we will all be at our grandmother's house on Christmas. All we need is a piano and Judy Garland singing "I'll be Home for Christmas" and we can be a reality TV special.

*I've been asked to be a godmother again. And again. This year it's my niece Abby. Next year it will be my niece Cara. Regardless that God has ignored my pleas to meet the man who will father my own progeny, I'm now responsible for the souls of four small children. There's an irony in this that I haven't missed.

*We optioned the Jamie Lee Curtis piece. Betty White is attached. Is it bizarre that I'm more excited to meet Betty White than Jamie Lee?

*I just saw James Marsden at Lala's Argentine Grill. He was sitting by himself, obviously waiting for someone. A gorgeous man like that should never be alone. That's just a crying shame.

*Regardless that I'm contemptuous of the "Avatar" marketing scheme and the over-the-top reviews, not to mention worried about the impact a $400-million movie is going to make on the film industry or ticket prices if this thing succeeds in becoming the next level of movie-making, I'm going to see it anyway. And in 3-D. Probably at the IMAX. I have no morals.

*I saw Brittany Snow at CVS on Monday. She walks funny. Maybe it was just the heels.

*I keep thinking I'm done Christmas shopping then I remember someone I forgot. I need to start making enemies...

No comments: