Friday, November 6, 2009

Little Dresses for Little Girls

You might have noticed recently that I'm a little ga-ga over my nieces. I am seriously in love. And considering that Christmas is coming up, I'm already plotting to buy their love in return. Hey, I'm 3,000 miles away. I've gotta come up with something to make me memorable. "Who are you again? Oh! The woman who sent the American Girl dolls?! I love you!" I was just in GAP looking for a wrap sweater and maybe some detailed or appliqued tee shirts and never made it past BabyGAP and their dress selection. Did you know the Stella McCartney has new line for GAPKids? Oh, yes, she does. Some little boy needs that band jacket. Hello, Sgt. Pepper! Anyway... I love being an auntie. All the dress up and none of the spit up. Although, I have to say that my sister needs to start posting more pictures of Abigail. My brother and his wife are ridiculously good about posting photos of the twins on Facebook, and I think my sister needs to take a lesson. Ahem.

These babies, of course, are making me think about my own procreation. I think I've been in denial for a long time about my chances. And maybe even about my age. (Umm, OK, definitely about my age.) I keep thinking that once I've got my act together I can get married and then have some kids. Because that would be the adult and responsible thing to do. But I'm really beginning to think that I'll never have it together. (And quite frankly, who really ever does?) So, should I not get married and have my own little princess to dress in a fabulous Stella McCartney tutu? No! Should I be looking for a Baby Daddy to seduce with my feminine charms and get cracking? Yes! Am I? Erm... OK, so the Baby Daddy part is still a wee little hurdle to get over. But I'm working on the issue. (No, I really am this time; I mean it!) In the meantime, I will be ogling small Callahan children from a far and patiently bidding my time until Christmas when I can get my hands on them. And, if by chance after Christmas I go off the grid, it's because I've stolen one of the twins. Probably this one...



Look at her in that beret! *Sigh!*

No comments: