Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...


Oh, excuse me! I didn't know you were here. I was just gazing outside at the winter wonderland that is currently Connecticut, humming Christmas carols about snowy landscapes. There are quite a few of them regardless that most of the country would disprove that claim come December 25th. And you know what else I experienced today that I've only heard of in a song before? Roasted chestnuts. Actually, I don't know if they can be considered "roasted" if they were technically baked in an oven. (Anyone got the answer to that one? Anyway...) My cousin baked some and we peeled them this afternoon and you know what? They're actually good! Who knew? There is something mega-Christmas about that. For the first time in my life, I'm actually living out a Bing Crosby special!. All I need now is a sleigh ride and some carolers to show up at the door and my Christmas will be perfect. PERFECT. So, if you're in the Hartford area and you just happen to have a one-horse open sleigh and you just happen to be out with three or four of your closest choir group friends, feel free to pop on by. I'll be waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"White Christmas" was written by Irving Berlin. =Jewish. Your welcome. :-)