Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thoughts

In honor of my friends Meg and Rachel, I'm going to list a couple of things that are making me extremely happy today:

1) The biggie: IT'S RAINING IN L.A.! Yey! I love rain. I miss rain. Rain is our friend and the friend of the whole planet. And it's the friend of my very dirty car. Very happy.
(a) Gmail has a new theme icon. I choose bus stop. And while Google is Big Brother, I actually don't mind when they put a cute rainy backdrop on my screen to let me know that they know that I live in L.A. and it's raining here.

2) We get out of work at noon today! Yey! At which point, I will pop over to Gelson's to pick up my Thanksgiving-feast-for-two. Yey, Thanksgiving!

3) Christmas is starting to come together. My flights are set, and I have pretty much picked out all my gifts. All I have to do is purchase them which I will do over the internet as most of the gifts will have to be shipped to Connecticut. But whatever. And Kate and I have decided to spend a day in the city and see August: Osage County probably Sunday after the holiday. I love it when a plan comes together. I love it even more when I have the cold cash to actually complete the plans. And I do. Happy!

4) My books from the inter-Library loan arrived yesterday and one of the P.A.s picked them up for me today. I love library books, don't you? They remind me of all sorts of good things, like when my mother used to bring me to the children's library once a week and we would spend hours there, or my Catholic school's library where I used to thumb through the card catalogue thinking that some dead kid left a clue in there for me to find his/her murderer, or the four years in high school when every one else hung out in the cafeteria and my clique used to meet up in the school's library right across from my locker, or my romance novel phase where the public library was the only place that could feed my addiction. I love the worn covers, soft thumbed through pages, and the fact that some of these books still have a card in the pocket. Thank you Ben Franklin.

I think this is a very good start to the holiday weekend. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and -- just so you know -- I'm happy and thankful for having all of you in my life.
XO!

No comments: