Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who Would You Rather Do...

I have a question: Who is running in November again? I've read more crap about Palin in the last week than I've read about Obama or McCain's social policies in the last six months. I'm a little sick of it. But what I'm really sick of is the rampant sexism and objectifying. Like this t-shirt. This bumpersticker. And worse, the doll below (there's another where she's got a gun strapped to her thigh).





I didn't even think about the "fuckability" quotient until my friend's husband -- a Democrat -- mentioned McCain's brilliance at choosing someone who would intimidate women who can't do it all while revving up the engines of men everywhere with her beauty queen looks and anti-feminist message. And while I'm slightly nauseous about it, others are getting down right pissed off that Palin is the poster gal of what we're all supposed to aspire to: women-hating fembots. And worse, according to polls, it seems to be working. McCain is up with white women.

No comments: