Monday, September 15, 2008

Engaged! (No, not me...)

I saw this morning that Jennifer Hudson is engaged to some other reality personality that I've never heard of and don't care about. This made me think back to last year (or was it the year before?) when Nicollette Sheridan, Katherine Heigl and Kate Walsh all got engaged right after their stars started to rise. In the case of Nicollette Sheridan, rise again...and engaged to the same man. This seems oddly coincidental, right? I mean, at the exact same moment that a gal can have her pick among the masses, her not-as-famous boyfriend drops to a knee and asks for her hand in marriage? Does that seem weirdly auspices, ladies? I'm just asking. And while the fiercely independent feminist inside me bridles at the suggestion that a man would yoke his dynamic girlfriend with a diamond band, it does give the happy-ever-after romantic inside of me hope. If I ever become insanely rich and famous, it will only be a matter of time before men everywhere will find me wildly attractive. Here's to hoping money and power can get me what my looks and personality couldn't! (Wow, is this how it feels to be Donald Trump?)

FYI: Nicollette and Michael have recently called off their engagement...again. To which I say, "Nicollette, you could do better anyway."

No comments: