Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Top Ten

I’d like to thank Stephen King from whom I’m stealing this blog idea. His last EW essay was on the top twenty songs he really listens to according to his iTunes counter. This, of course, made me curious as to what I really listen to according to the numbers. However, I would like it on the record that these particular numbers really come from my iPod, and I use my iPod mostly at the gym and don’t update it very often. So, without further ado, my Top Ten (Twenty Was Too Long) Most Listened to Songs:

Number 10: “Shipping Up to Boston” by the Dropkick Murphys. Better known as that over-used song from the movie The Departed. Great song to run to, however.

Number 9: “Waiting for the World” to Change by John Mayer. All I can say is, "Amen, brutha."

Number 8: “Call Me” by Blondie. Not only does this song remind me of when I was a little kid and wanted to be Debbie Harry, it reminds me that I still want to be Debbie Harry.

Number 7: “Where is the Love” by the Black Eyed Peas. This song has been on my iPod since the first syncing. I still love it.

Number 6: “Gold-digger” by Kayne West (with Jamie Foxx). Great for the elliptical machine.

Number 5: “Afterglow” by INXS. Alright, I’ll admit it, I watched Rock Star INXS (it’s Claudine’s fault!) and I liked the first two cuts from the newly fronted group. I particularly like the bass drum beat in this one.

Number 4: “Ain’t No Other Man” by Christina Aguilera. I love this girl and I truly believe that she’s going to have a very long career. You can’t manufacture talent like hers. This particular song actually makes me want to run. And let me tell you something, there isn’t much aside from fleeing for my life that gives me the umph to want to run.

Number 3: “Dreaming” by Blondie. See Number 8.

Number 2: “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett. This song taps into my inner-anger and makes me want to get into people’s faces. Since this is socially unacceptable, I live vicariously through this song.

Number 1: With 92 hits on the counter is “Pump It” by the Black Eyed Peas which surprised me. However, this is another song that has been on my iPod since the beginning and is probably one of the best work out songs in my library.

No comments: