Thursday, May 29, 2008

May Have Side Effects



There is a weird side effect that comes with living in Los Angeles. It’s that the surreal can become reality like *that*. For instance, one could be walking to Trader’s Joe to purchase lunch and see a guy standing on the sidewalk talking on the cell phone. He is dressed in a rumpled navy-colored tee shirt and old ratty jeans. He looks suspiciously like Joaquin Phoenix, at which point, a media-savvy person would think, “Wow, that guy looks like Joaquin Phoenix.” However, being that this is L.A. and I do work across the street from a studio, one's brain quickly follows up with, “Oh my god, is that Joaquin Phoenix?” (It wasn’t.) Not that I would do anything even if it was an accidental star sighting because the other side effect that comes with living in Los Angeles is that you kinda get over it (or at the very least, seem like you're over it). So, if the gentleman outside TJ's was Joaquin, the most I would do was take a long surreptitious look then run back here to blog that I just saw Joaquin Phoenix. (I didn’t, but, really, that guy looked like him.)

No comments: