Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And Now I Know



Things I've learned this week:

*Martha Plimpton of Goonies fame and recently of Raising Hope is Keith Carradine's daughter! What!

*My godson is actually three and not two. (Good thing I caught that one before sending out the "You're 2!" birthday card.)


*I love dark and dreary days now that I live in the land of perpetual sunshine.

*Johnny Depp is 47! FORTY-SEVEN!

*I can go three days without my cell phone and not notice. (I left it in a purse I used over the weekend and only thought to look for it today.

*George Washington wrote about a two party system, "the alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." Which means the contention in the nation's capitol has been going on since the first presidency, and I shouldn't be all that alarmed.

*George Washington had dentures made out of the pulled teeth of his slaves. Erm...

No comments: