Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Disease of the Week

Every time I go to the doctor's office, I'm diagnosed with something that could be something but might be nothing. But it definitely needs to be "monitored." Today's disease? Glaucoma. Great. Glaucoma on top of a strange liver problem (diagnosed in 1999) that could turn into lupus but might not, "it's hard to tell until you have an actual flair up." Lovely. In 2001, I was told I had Graves' Disease. But maybe not. "You tested positive for the an enzyme that's generated in Graves' Disease, but you're not symptomatic and have no other markers." OKaaay. After I sprained my ankle in 2003, I was told that my wide feet were actually a "misalignment of the bones" and that my bunions would get increasingly worse until it was "too painful to walk." Oh, and, by the way, "you will have arthritis." Are you kidding me?

Who knows what -- if anything -- is going to take me down. But I'll say this: These doctors are killing me.

1 comment:

A_Gallivant said...

yowza. These medical professionals really know their stuff.