Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Airhead

Well, good thing I didn't have a blog resolution for 2011, because I would be failing miserably right now!

Actually, I probably wouldn't be writing now, either if it wasn't for a blank space in my memory. I came over here to see which airlines I've had issue with in the past. Oh, how I do love to write about airline ineptitude! You see, I'm going to New Orleans for Easter this year and none of my beloved smaller airlines fly into the Big Easy meaning I have to take a national carrier. Which would be fine except Delta's flight arrives at midnight! GAH! The next in line for me is American Airlines, but it doesn't seem that LA to NOLA is an AA route, leaving me with United. The problem with United is I can't seem to remember if I hate it! I had a rather awful experience a few years ago trying to fly into South Carolina, and I'll be damned if I can recall whether it was United or US Air. So, I came to my blog. Unfortunately, I didn't start posting on Blogger until 2008, and I think the South Carolina trip was in 2007. Which means that rampage post -- and it was a rampage -- was on my MySpace blog which I deleted along with my MySpace account. Ce la vie. What I did find, however, was a post in 2008 about my Christmas flight into Connecticut. That was US Air. Other than a couple of changes to flight times, I do remember it was an OK experience. So, I'm thinking it was United that gave me the repressed memory.

What have I learned from this? First, keep all blog posts no matter where they were initially written. And second, you will probably continue to hear about my flight issues as they arise because blogging about it will be the only way to keep my memories fresh, my rage in tact, and my vengeance engaged.

No comments: