Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things to Do

So, I don't know about you, but I've about had it with Sarah Palin's caustic stump speeches (that getting a bit scary) and the boring debates that devolve into other stump speeches (Tuesday night, anyone?) and the multi-billion dollar bailouts that haven't done anything to stop the ever downward spiral of the global economy. So, I've been on the web looking for fun things to watch, read, do, or just plain look at. Here are some of my favorites:

1) Amy and Kim's re-casting of Breakfast at Tiffany's over at their blog Romancing the Tome, (link found on this page under "blogs I like to read"). I suggest trawling through web sites like tMF's to look at their "50 hottest actors under 25" to find the new "Fred". You probably won't remember why you went to the website, but in the end, you'll be glad you did.

2) For all you cat people out there -- and it seems you come in both sexes -- this was in the NYT Fashion & Style(?!) section. Makes a dog person like me quirk an eyebrow. Especially the part in the article where the guy basically says that hundreds of "lonely cat women" were proposing to him. Erm, sir? You just posted a movie you made of your cats on YouTube. I don't think you get to throw stones.

3) If you ever need to laugh at the headlines (before you start to cry), the Onion is always a good place to land. This one especially tickled me since I keep getting emails asking me to go to Neveda to knock on doors and preach the word of Obama.

4) If you have not seen the Landlord on funnyordie.com, you must go there. In fact, once you're there, just shop around. There's a lot of random stuff on the site, but for every four stupid bits you watch, one will actually be funny. That's a better average than just about every other site on the web.

5) Pencil skrits are In and mini skirts are Out. And tweed is back! Yey! Every five years, I'm actually In Style and want to shop. Unfortunately, I have no money as I am...

6) ... leaving for Puerta Vallarta on Monday. I'll be gone all next week. Emails, phone calls, and texts will not be answered. I haven't decided yet whether I will come back.

7) Before funnyordie, there was Jib Jab. They were the ones who did that hysterically funny Kerry/Bush "This Land Is Your Land" cartoon that went viral back in 2004. Nowadays, they've got some funny videos and cards that you can cut and paste your (or someone else's) head into and email. There's a snarky news one now that's kinda funny.

No comments: